Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blessings in 2014

I woke this morning under a water tight roof, in a warm bed with a loving husband lying next to me. After a hot shower, I selected an outfit from a variety of clean clothes.  I walked into a kitchen with a refrigerator and cupboards filled with food.  I hugged my son, petted the dogs and sat down with a laptop.  Rather than listing resolutions, I’m counting blessings. 

New Year resolutions are about making changes. I know the changes I need to make in myself, the “to do” list has remained the same for years.  When I fail to accomplish the resolutions, I disappoint myself.  Focusing on blessings instead of my faults encourages me to smile.  The positive energy empowers me to help others.  This morning, family called asking for help.  Their request honored me by respecting my abilities.  I hope I helped as it felt good to be needed.  I wonder what blessings tomorrow will bring?

Count your Blessings (Instead of Sheep)
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings
song written by Irving Berlin

2 comments: